I would call the time of release for this game fortuitous but let’s face it, this was calculated. For those of you unaware ChuChu Rocket was the first ever online game released for the Dreamcast. In the 20 years since the consoles release it has been remembered fondly. Yes the Dreamcast is 20 years and 2 days old – now you can see why I called this move calculated and honestly I am not annoyed by it. What better way to remember by favorite console than to embrace one of it’s classic games.
Ladies and Gentlemen may I present ChuChu Rocket! Universe!
That’s right the ChuChus are back in a brand-new game. The storyline is new, but the objective for players remains the same: help all the ChuChus escape by placing directional arrows that lead them to their space rocket. In multiplayer, the objective for players is to help more ChuChus escape than their competitors. Using very creative methods to win is absolutely compulsory.
At this point you might be wondering, whats new?
● The entire game has been transformed into beautiful 3D worlds, resulting in even more insane puzzles – good luck!
● New mechanisms have been added like switches or teleports
● New and astonishing environments are welcoming dozens of levels, some of them inspired by the most infamous originals
● Even the menu has received the ChuChu touch. Fly your rocket from one planet to another, from one constellation to the next!
If you are worried about changes then fret not because:
● The KapuKapus are still the ChuChus worst enemies
● The original gameplay: if you played the first episode or one of its ports you’ll know exactly what to do. To be fair if you never played it before you’ll also know exactly what to do
● The online multiplayer mode will still make you want to destroy everything in your room and block your friends for life
ChuChu Rocket! Universe will be available exclusively on Apple Arcade.