Its going to be a long cold wait till the next and final season of Game of Thrones hits our screens. So as you enter withdraw and the cold night winds begin to break you down why not head to Finland and fill that Game of Thrones void with an experience like no other. Brought to us by HBO Nordic and Lapland Hotels SnowVillage, this hotel is entirely constructed from Ice. If you can make it to Finland you yourself can stay here. If you are interested in staying at the hotel just check here, but be quick as places are limited.
A few facts about the Hotel:
- Around 20 million kilos of snow and 350 000 kilos of crystal clear natural ice was used to build the spectacular SnowVillage
- Covering an area of about 20 000 square meters, the SnowVillage consists of a Snow Hotel, with snow rooms and suites, Ice Restaurant, Ice Bar, Ice Chapel, a slide and a vast network of striking corridors full of spectacular snow and ice art to explore.
- It lies nearly 200 km above the Arctic Circle
- The hotel was built over the course of a single month by professional ice sculptors hailing from Russia, Ukraine, Poland, and Latvia.
- There are only 24 rooms in the hotel, with 10 suites for guests staying overnight
A little disclaimer its going to be cold as balls in this hotel and overnight stays start at approx $200, so wrap up warm and have your cash ready folks.
View this post on Instagram
Have you seen all the seasons? While waiting for next one, visit us to keep up the freezing feeling! #snowvillage_got #snowvillagefinland #snowvillage #hbonordic #lapland #laplandhotels #finland #gameofthrones #ylläs #levi #snow #ice #art #frozen #snowhotel #icebar #water #hotel
Categories: Nerd Bites