Fans looking to fill the void left in their hearts when True Blood ended can look no further as Midnight, Texas will be premiering this summer. Based on the New York Times best-selling book series by Charlaine Harris (author of the novels that inspired “True Blood”), comes a journey into a remote Texas town where being normal is really quite strange and only outsiders fit in. Home to a vampire, witch, angel and hitwoman,Midnight, Texas is a mysterious safe haven for those who are different. That is, until the arrival of a powerful psychic and the murder of one of their own. As the town members fight off outside pressures from ever-suspicious cops, deadly biker gangs, and their own dangerous pasts, they band together and form an unlikely but strong family.
The pilot episode was directed by Niels Arden Oplev (“Mr. Robot,” “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”). Monica Owusu-Breen (“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”, “Alias”) and David Janollari (“Six Feet Under”) serve as executive producers.
To promote the new series the cast and crew will be having a panel held during San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 22, 4:00-5:15 PM in SD Convention Center Room 6BCF.
The cast and crew attending the panel include: François Arnaud (Manfred), Dylan Bruce (Bobo), Parisa Fitz-Henley (Fiji), Arielle Kebbel (Olivia), Jason Lewis (Joe), Peter Mensah (Lem), Sarah Ramos (Creek), Yul Vazquez (Rev), Monica Owusu-Breen (Executive Producer), David Janollari (Executive Producer) and Charlaine Harris (Best-Selling Author).
NBC is offering fans the opportunity to meet the cast of Midnight, Texas plus, you can also meet the best-selling author Charlaine Harris who will have a special book-signing of “Midnight, Crossroads,” the book that was the inspiration for Midnight, Texas! NBC is also having an exclusive Midnight, Texas Giveaway, check it out HERE
- Travel through the town of “Midnight, Texas” where “only outsiders fit in,” passing through some of the town’s iconic locations including: the Pawn Shop, Fiji’s house, Tattoo Parlor, Olivia’s Armory, and a pet cemetery.
- Tin Fish Gaslamp restaurant will become “Home Cooking,” the restaurant featured in “Midnight, Texas.” Fans will continue to be absorbed into the supernatural world with live tarot card readings set up inside the restaurant.
- A full-sensory experience in each part of town will immerse fans deeper into the world of ‘Midnight’ as they continue their journey inside lead character Manfred’s house. Once inside Manfred will expose guests to a thrilling 4D experience.
- Fans won’t leave town before capturing a shareable motion graphic photo that brands them as “outsiders,” just like the memorable residents of “Midnight, Texas.”
- Attendees can interact with hidden Snapcodes that unlock exclusive custom videos, content pieces and games to enhance their “Midnight, Texas” experiences while visiting GaslampSquare during Comic-Con.
- NBC will also have four Snapchat filters that are timed out throughout Saturday and Sunday as fans visit the outdoor activation.