It looks like this year attendees will be find a hard time deciding which panels and what offsite events to attend with Comic-Con HQ, Syfy Presents Live from Comic-Con and Entertainment Weekly’s Con-X. Although I’m excited about Con Man mainly because I love Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk as they both have great comedic talent and they star in pretty much everything I love from Firefly to Wreck it Ralph. And of course the epic duo that is Rob Benedict and Richard Speight, Jr., who knew these guys (God and Gabriel from Supernatural) would make such a dynamic duo with great on and off screen presence?
COMIC-CON HQ is making a huge splash at San Diego Comic-Con International 2016, delivering up to 20 hours of live coverage and unparalleled access broadcasted from the Hilton Bayfront promenade via Comic-Con HQ and Facebook Live.
- Live coverage from 12pm – 5pm PST each day.
- Hosted by Alison Haislip & Steve Zaragoza and featuring your favorite Comic-Con HQ personalities, industry stars, celebrities, and a slew of panelists
- Comic-Con HQ Live will feature interviews, the biggest spectacles on the show floor, nonstop Comic-Con action all over town and breaking news from Hall H, Ballroom 20 and beyond.
- Big names in comics, film, gaming, and pop culture will join Comic-Con HQ hosts on stage to break news, share big announcements, talk trailers, find incredible costumes, and more.
- Reddit willl also be on site with an interactive activation that will give fans the opportunity to experience reddit in real life.
Meet Comic-Con HQ: Thursday, July 21st 2:00pm at the Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- Meet the family: learn what you can expect from Con Man, Kings of Con, Pop Culture Quest, Her Universe Fashion Show, Impossible Science, Film HQ, Mostly Harmless, and What’s News?.
- Panel includes Rob Benedict (Supernatural, Kings of Con), Richard Speight, Jr. (Supernatural, Kings of Con), Trisha Hershberger (SourceFed, What’s News?), Anthony Carboni (Discovery, What’s News?), Steve Zargoza (SourceFed, Mostly Harmless), Adam Sessler (G4, X-Play, Adam Sessler & The Interesting People). John Campea (Collider, AMC Movie Talk, Film HQ), Jon Schnepp (Metalocalypse, The Death of Superman), Jason Latimer (Impossible Science), Seth Laderman (SVP & GM, Comic-Con HQ), and surprise guests.
The Core of Collecting: Thursday, July 21st 5:45pm in Room 6DE
- From scale replicas to the rising tide of tiny treasures, join leading industry experts from Slideshow Collectibles, Gentle Giant, Loot Crate, Project Triforce, DC Collectibles, ThinkGeek, WETA, and Dark Horse Collectibles as they dive into their process, reveal upcoming collectibles, and explore just how they navigate the sea of props, characters, vessels and more to create the compelling collectibles we all crave.
- Panel includes Steve Zimmerman (Slideshow), Dev Gilmore (Gentle Giant), Matthew Arevalo (Loot Crate), Jason Torre (Project Triforce), Sara Ruiz (DC Collectibles), Chris Berejik (ThinkGeek), Sir Richard Taylor (WETA), David Scroggy (Dark Horse Collectibles), and surprise guests.
Her Universe Fashion Show: Thursday, July 21st 6:00pm at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Her Universe’s third annual Comic-Con fashion show, hosted by Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars) returns as aspiring designers, from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, will present their original geeky designs down the runway. This year, the Her Universe Fashion Show will be filmed for the exciting finale episode of the Comic-Con HQ docu-series of the same name in which three winners will be named – two selected live at the event, and one chosen by viewers at home. The docu-series will premiere it’s first 2 episodes on June 30th with additional episodes airing every Thursday until July 28th.
- Three designers will win the the opportunity to design a fashion collection with Her Universe, which will be sold at Hot Topic.
Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion’s Con Man: Friday, July 22 10:30am in Hall H
- Join the cast as they dive into their wild ride on season two of Con Man, with plenty of surprise guests, giveaways, and one special sneak peek!
- Panel includes Alan Tudyk, Nathan Fillion, PJ Haarsma, Felicia Day, Nolan North, Mindy Sterling, Lou Ferrigno, Alison Haislip, and more.
The Eisner Awards: Friday, July 22 8:00pm at the Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- The Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards are considered the “Oscars” of the comics world. Named for the pioneering comics creator and graphic novelist Will Eisner, the awards are given out in more than two dozen categories during a ceremony each year at Comic-Con International: San Diego.
- For the first time ever the ceremony will be made available to the public, as Comic-Con HQ will be streaming the entire show.
- This year’s show will be hosted by Doctor Who’s John Barrowman.
What Happened?: Saturday, July 23 10:00am in Room 6A
Jon Schnepp and Holly Payne (the dynamic duo behind the hit documentary The Death of “Superman Lives”: What Happened?) and their surprise guests uncover some of Hollywood’s greatest urban legends, from Superman Lives to Jodorowsky’s Dune.
Panel includes Jon Schnepp, Holly Payne, Robert Meyer Burnett, Steven Scarlata, and additional guests.
You can contact me for any San Diego Comic-Con related Press, Reviews, Advertising or General Enquiries.